New Hope Get Help From Around the World

Soul Care

Share your thoughts with Dr. Bill in 1Community

Sunday, March 1, 2009

May the Wind Lift Us

I hiked up into the foothills of Saddleback Mountain this weekend with a friend. From about 2,000 feet up we looked out over the green hills, orchards, and the city of Irvine stretching out till the ocean in the distance. As we stood quietly in prayer the breeze swayed the tall grasses and rustled through the shrub all around us...

I was meditating on how the Holy Spirit is like the wind: we can't see him, but we see his effects; he doesn't speak audibly (normally), but speaks through the objects he moves. To hear God's voice is like hearing the breeze: we need to be still and quiet for awhile.

Then we saw a gift from God: two great hawks with their wings outstretched, gliding effortlessly on the wind. Of course, we thought of Isaiah's words: "They that wait upon the Lord shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31).

May the Lord help us to enter his peace, to "Be still and know that he is God" (Psalm 46:10).

1 comment:

  1. Isaiah 40:31 has to be one of my favorite verses! I love it when I'm feeling at my lowest moment and when I don't know where else to turn. I picture those eagles and then I think of my own soul soaring up there with them and leave the "baggage" on the ground!

    ReplyDelete

 

1995 - 2009 Crystal Cathedral Ministries.
Legal | Privacy | Contact | Top | Terms of Service