New Hope Get Help From Around the World

Soul Care

Share your thoughts with Dr. Bill in 1Community

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What Every Person Needs to Know

There's a message that every person needs to hear and believe about themselves. It's what God the Father spoke over Jesus at his baptism: "You are my beloved son and in you I am well pleased" (Matthew 3:16-17)

We all need to be confident deep inside that we are loved as God's son or daughter and that he is pleased with us.

In prayer give thanks to God as you speak the word of the Father over yourself (it helps if you smile as you say this!)...

"I am a beloved son of the Father and he is pleased with me."

"I am a beloved daughter of the Father and he is pleased with me."

Maybe it's hard for you to trust these words in your heart? Why? We'd like to hear your questions.

Perhaps you need healing. Or to engage your heart with your Heavenly Father in some new ways...
  • Trusting a "Christ's Ambassador" (2 Corinthians 5:20) to mediate God's love to you
  • Learning to meditate deeply on Scriptures that promise the Father's love to you (like 1 John 3:1 or the Parable of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15
  • Listening to the birds sing over you and feeling the sun shine on your face
  • Extending compassion in Jesus' name to someone who is poor or needy
If you like this blog sign up to follow it and invite your friends to join you! Let's interact on matters of the soul!

3 comments:

  1. "I am a beloved son of the Father and he is pleased with me."

    It is hard to not find something about myself that I am not pleased with and though I try to change I never feel that just trying is enough.
    I know I forgive my children and I should not think God would not be forgiving of me or pleased but saying "I am a beloved son of the Father and he is pleased with me." is hard to do.

    (After a pause of 10 minutes)
    But now reading the words "I am a beloved son of the Father", I think remembering that phrase will help me complete with "and he is pleased with me."

    Thank you Dr Bill

    Jan-Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great testimony of your experience that praying the Father's affirmation for 10 minutes gave you a beginning sense of some encouraging movement. Thanks for sharing Jan-Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to trust those words because of shame. Even though a person knows God loves them and forgives them, mistakes made make it hard to believe God would be pleased. My brain only pictures holding my head low and burying it in the ground in His presence.

    ReplyDelete

 

1995 - 2009 Crystal Cathedral Ministries.
Legal | Privacy | Contact | Top | Terms of Service